THE CORONA ERA
A hub for writing, conversations,
and resources that meet the moment.
Welcome to this online learning space! As we transition into offering more virtual learning experiences, we'll be updating this page with resources, videos, blogs, and links to upcoming online events hosted by CompassPoint.
This week, we're sharing a candid conversation with CompassPoint's co-directors, Lupe Poblano and Shannon Ellis: Navigating Leadership Through Uncertainty.
4:08 - How has the pandemic affected you personally?
8:38 - What are the issues you’re facing as organizational leaders?
11:00 - What’s your leadership background and experience and how is it shaping how you show up to this moment?
17:00 - What’s it like to be sharing leadership right now?
12:49 - What were the first steps you took when Shelter in Place started?
33:10 - What did it look like to create clarity around priorities?
39:55 - What’s worked about this approach toward prioritization? How have our values of equity showed up? How have we worked with our board through this process?
45:00 - Considerations around equity.
47:00 - Sharing financial information transparently.
50:05 - Facing decisions about staffing and salaries.
53:25 - What kind of feedback are you getting from staff? What are you observing?
59:12 - Closing Reflections.
PREVIOUS and ONGOING OFFERINGS:
- Chaos, Grounding, and Grieving (Parenting and Organizational Leadership in a COVID-19 World) [Blog]
- Fundraising Bright Spots: How Do We Mobilize Resources Right Now? [May 13, 2020 at 10:30 am PST, Online Peer Discussion]
- Pushing Back Against Habits of White Supremacy During a Crisis [Blog]
- CompassPoint's Peer Networks
- COVID-19 Resources [Frequently Updated Google Doc with a focus on Bay Area and California Nonprofits]
UPCOMING OFFERINGS [Coming Soon]:
Bringing Our Values to Supervision During This Crisis
How Can a Coaching Approach Helps Us Lead Together through this Moment? [Online Learning Series]
Self-Care for Black Women in Leadership [Online Cohort Program]