“I think what I’ve most valued is the connection to the real people, the other finance professionals in the field and throughout the Bay Area doing the work – there’s nowhere else that I can get that. FPN absolutely has connected me to others for support. It has been a terrific resource to me.”– Jolie Bou, Director of Finance, Samaritan House
The Finance Professionals Network (FPN) is convened by CompassPoint’s CEO, Jeanne Bell, and the Human Resources Network (HRN) is convened by Director of Operations, Sarah Gort. The two networks blend rich in-person learning with real-time problem solving via extremely active private list serves. Instantly grow your network and your access to smart, committed nonprofit peers and experts. Benefits of the networks include the following:
- 200+ active members providing invaluable peer support to one another on a daily basis via a members-only, moderated list serve that enables peer exchange about on-the-job questions, referrals, and advice. Recent forum topics include: Giving staff non-monetary bonuses - policies and legal issues; Pros/Cons of online accounting systems; Advice on implementing flexible schedule policy.
- Six (6) in-person topical presentations with breakfast included (members of both networks invited to all of them). 8:30am - 11:00am on January 21, March 4; April 15; June 10; August 12; October 7. Topics TBA.
- Four (4) webinars. Members can participate from their desks and listen to recordings after the fact.
- A 20% discount for all staff and board members of member organizations for all CompassPoint workshops, forums, and conferences during the year.
More than 200 Bay Area professionals are part of these long-standing networks. They provide affordable, relevant professional development; meaningful connection to nonprofit peers; and discounted access to CompassPoint programming. Discussion topics are driven by the Network members. During the registration process you will be asked for your feedback on meeting topics.
Register for the 2014 Networks here:
Finance Professionals Network (FPN) - $225 annual membership fee
Up to 2 people on the FPN listserve + all in-person presentations and webinars.
- For experienced CFOs, finance directors, and finance consultants to nonprofits
Bay Area Nonprofit HR Network (HRN) - $225 annual membership fee
Up to 2 people on the HRN listserve + all in-person presentations and webinars.
- For nonprofit managers of human resources
Combined Membership (Discounted) - $350 annual membership fee
Up to 2 people from same organization on each listerve + all network benefits.
Women Executive Directors of Color (WEDOC)
The network of women executive directors of color in the Bay Area (WEDOC) is growing. For more information, contact Paola Cubias at paolaC@compasspoint.org
Online Access Area for Initiative-based Peer Networks
Participants in select CompassPoint leadership and capacity-building initiatives can join peer discussions and access and share program materials through special online community areas for their cohort.