Conflict Resolution with Power and Privilege in Mind
Conflict and differences in views are inevitable part of working together with others, but with the right skills, it can become an opportunity for learning and necessary change in our organizations, teams, and communities. In this workshop you will use observation, feedback, and self-reflection to explore how power, race, and class impact interpersonal communication. This training will focus on enhancing your communication skills, learning to approach conflict with increased empathy and greater self-awareness, and providing opportunities to practice around real tensions in your life and work.
You should attend if you want to:
- Find promising approaches for more open and authentic dialogue.
- Explore how power, privilege, race, and class impact individual relationships.
- Deal with conflict confidently.
- Build an approach to improve relationships where you currently feel you have tensions.
- Communicate your opinions but also be open to different opinions.
Key Learning objectives:
2. Can generate open ended questions to gain understanding of another person’s perspective (compassionate inquiry)
3. Gain 1 skill to increase effectiveness in communicating across social differences: inquiry, empathy/self empathy, naming issue & exploring solutions. i.e.taking responsibility, holding yourself and another person accountable to the work relationship.