Thriving as a Board Chair: A Peer Learning Program Just for Board Chairs
The board chair is one of the most challenging and impactful leadership positions on a nonprofit board. A good chair inspires a shared vision, builds and nurtures future board leadership and manages the work of the board. It demands high-engagement, commitment, self-awareness, and leadership integrity. It also requires strong relationship building and facilitation skills. Without a framework for success this is a daunting proposition! But done well, it can be personally rewarding and add tremendous leadership capacity to the organization.
This program will bring together a cohort of board chairs for a 4 month learning experience that blends CompassPoint’s governance content, expert facilitation, and peer-learning. The specific monthly topics be selected by the cohort on day 1 from within the following areas:
- ED Partnership: Developing a Strong Leadership Partnership with the Chair and ED
- Structure: Redesigning Board Meetings and Committees
- Board Members: Deepening Engagement and Participation
- Fundraising: The Board’s Role; Creating a Culture of Philanthropy on the Board
- Participants must currently be serving in the capacity of board chair/president
- Participants must commit to at least 4 session dates/times:
a. April 17 first session from 5:00-8:30
b. May 8 session 2 from 5:00-8:00
c. June 5 session 3 from 5:00-8:00
d. July 10 session 4 from 5:00-8:00
c. August 7 (web/teleconference session) 5:00 - 7:00pm
Light snacks and beverages included.